mla work cited format
Double space the entire list of sources.
The Works Cited page is the list of sources used in the research paper. It should be its own page at the end of the paper.
EasyBib is a free, online tool for generating citations. Only MLA style citations are available on the free version. EasyBib is, as it’s name suggests, easy to use, but the video below will give you some tips for finding the citations pieces you need to ensure that you get accurate, correct citations out of EasyBib.
In 2016, MLA published the 8th Edition handbook, which is significantly different from the 7th Edition that had previously been used. When using a citation guide or automatic citation generator like EasyBib, make sure you have selected the correct MLA edition.
Once you paste your list of MLA citations into your document, correct these things if necessary :
- Your Works Cited page should appear at the end of the paper.
- Works Cited is centered 1 inch from the top of the page.
- Capitalize the first word of each title and all words in the title with the exception of the, at, to, in, a, etc.
- Double space the list, both between citations and within them.
- When a citation has more than one line, use a hanging indent. To do this, indent the second line, and every line thereafter, to the right five spaces.
- Alphabetize the entire list by the first word of each citation. This may be the author’s last name or the first word in a title.
- If two or more citations are by the same author, only include the name in the first entry. Thereafter, in place of the name, type three hyphens, followed by a period and the title. Arrange the works listed under the same name in order alphabetically by title.